Last week I started printing on this piece. I cut woodblocks out of MDF boards similarly to how one may make stamps to print. I then in them and print the blocks in various sections of the piece. The image below shows the first phase of printing when left on the drying rack. I use newsprint paper with tape to block out specific areas I don’t want the ink to spread.
In the image below I’ve finished all my printing and will be layering a few other transparent recycled plastics to complete the piece. You can see evidence of the relief block embossed from the block on the blue fabric on the child’s arm.
I’m fairly pleased with my printing results and look forward to adding my last additions before packaging and shipping it off to an exhibition.